Naturopathy is a philosophy and holistic healthcare system that recognises the healing power of nature and vital energy that should be present in all living things. Disease, deficiency and disharmony emerge when this vital energy has been depleted or is missing.
Linda Booth at Nottingham Health & Wellbeing Clinic is a Naturopath and Functional Medicine Practitioner with over 23 years clinical experience. She aims to promote and restore health by employing various natural treatment approaches that may include:
- Modern colonic hydrotherapy, using the ‘closed’ gravity system, and herbal fluid extracts/probiotics/wheatgrass etc implanted during the colonic treatment to enhance the benefits
- Physical therapy, including clinical remedial massage
- Myofascial release and trigger point therapy to release muscle spasm/pain
- Ultrasound therapy (sound waves - excellent for accelerating tissue healing)
- Interferential therapy (electrical current - increasing blood flow and nutrients to tissues)
- Naturopathic nutrition (including fasting, liver, gall bladder and kidney cleanses)
- The latest laboratory testing and other diagnostic techniques
- Lifestyle advice (including exercise and diet)
- Herbal and supplement advice and other appropriate techniques
- Natural healing according to the principles of Dr. F.X. Mayr www.viva-mayr.com Linda has completed three internships at The Viva Mayr Clinic in Klagenfurt, Austria, studying with Dr. Harald Stossier, voted one of the top 5 Digestive Doctors in the World
Naturopathic practitioners interpret symptoms presented by the individual, and which may be the individual’s unique response to physical, emotional, environmental or genetic stress. Linda’s role is to identify these underlying causes and to promote the inherent self-healing power within the individual. Naturopathy is also a way of life and the naturopath will help empower individuals through education about lifestyle, diet and exercise.
Choosing a practitioner
Ensure you choose a qualified practitioner who has undertaken all the necessary training to understand the theory and practice of naturopathy.
Linda is registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), as a Naturopath, and by searching the register at www.cnhc.org.uk, you are able to verify this. By choosing a Naturopath who is registered with the CNHC, you can be confident that they are properly trained, qualified and insured.
All Practitioners at Nottingham Health & Wellbeing Clinic are very familiar with the concepts of ‘Functional Medicine’, having between them, over 45 years experience in conventional and natural medicine.
Functional Medicine involves understanding the true origin of disease/deficiency in the body, prevention of disease/deficiency, and protocols to treat acute and chronic diseases. It is an integration of traditional Western medicine (conventional) and complementary medicine (sometimes called alternative) to arrive at an effective treatment plan.
The current acute-care approach to medicine lacks the proper methodology to prevent and treat chronic disease. If you suffer an acute emergency situation such as a broken leg or need emergency treatment, then it copes very well, but it does not take into account the individual and how the environment can affect us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. If we don’t take these factors into account, it may lead to a chronic disease state.
Like Naturopathy, Functional Medicine is focused on patient-centered care. Good health is not just the absence of disease, it is about being positively vital; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. According to natural law, this is every individual’s right, but the individual has to be prepared to put some work into their healing too. It is not the full responsibility of the Practitioner.